Friday, June 5, 2009

Donations

Sorry it has taken me so long to get this list out. I have had many people ask about donations so I am sending it to a broad group. Please do not feel any pressure to contribute. However, if you would like to contribute I would great appreciate it. One concern of mine this year is space. We are only allowed two 50lb bags. That significantly less than last year. I am still looking at paying an additional fee for another bag but that may get too expensive so I just ask that you keep that in mind. While I can take and use almost anything there are suggestions below. If you venture off the list that is fine just keep a couple of things in mind. Water guns, water balloons, water games, etc are NOT good – they do not have access to water to be used for games. Language barrier can be an issue – I will try to stay away from games that are too complex or require a lot of explaining. Items that are heavy and bulky will probably be difficult to take. Many of these items can be found at the Dollar Store. Last year I had people prefer to give me a donation and I bought items. Whatever you feel most comfortable with is great. I am in charge of games so…

Soccer Balls
Kick Balls
Volley Balls
Balls that are already deflated or can be work the best
Hand pumps
Jump ropes
Side walk chalk
Face Paints
Duct Tape
(Black) Baby Dolls – last year I found black baby dolls with a soft body and hard head at the dollar store but haven’t seen them yet this year
Frisbee
Beach balls
Balloons
“punch” balls – these were a hit
Personal Hygiene Items – tooth brushes, deodorant, tooth paste, girl hair clips, Vaseline, etc.
Teenage boy socks and underwear/boxers
Packs of teenage boy undershirts – would be used for everyday shirts so preferably not white
Blindfolds/bandanna

These are just some thoughts. THANK YOU all so much for your help and encouragement. You all play a vital role in this trip. I will collect them from now until July 1.

No comments: